What is the NAHR difference?
If you are considering hair transplant surgery, you better do your homework. There are lots of clinics around the world offering hair restoration. What makes one clinic better than another? We have some strong opinions about this, obviously. It isn’t just a popularity contest, though. Your choice could affect not only your comfort and procedure outcome, but your overall safety, as well. Here are some things to keep an eye out for:
- Are you seen by a Doctor or Physician’s Assistant, not a sales consultant? Hair restoration is a medical issue and needs to be evaluated by a medical professional. This is not a conversation for a sales professional. If you feel you are being “sold” and not medically counseled, you might want to reconsider providers.
- Is the clinic designed to make you feel comfortable or move patients through like a factory? While the design of the clinic does not directly affect the outcome of the procedure, it does speak to the clinic’s overall philosophy. This is a very personal journey. You want a clinic that understands that and treats you like a person and not a number.
- Is the procedure performed by a Doctor or Physician’s Assistant or medical techs? There is an alarming trend towards techs performing the majority of procedures. There is a reason why only surgeons should perform surgery. Make sure to inquire who is performing the procedure and what exactly the medical techs do. Are they assisting in the procedure or performing the procedure? This is probably the most important question to ask.
Even if you don’t choose us for your hair restoration needs, we want you to be safe and have a great experience. There are a lot of great providers. How do you find one? There are some very reputable organizations that only admit providers of the highest quality. Here are a few we are members of:
- IAHRS – the International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
- ISHRS – the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery
- ABHRS – the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery
We are a member of these because we want our patients to be assured they are in good hands. This is the NAHR difference. We put the patient first. Our entire practice is designed to meet your needs, from our decor to the focus on concealable hair transplants. But, we’d like you to see for yourself. Come for a free consultation or schedule a tour of our spa-like facility.
Dr. Daniel A. Danyo is the founder and medical director of North Atlanta Hair Restoration, specializing in treating hair loss in both men and women. He is one of only 300 people in the world certified by the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery.
He is a member of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons, American Hair Loss Association, and The International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery.
He is also an early adopter and pioneer of Shave-less FUE, one of the most discreet surgical procedures available for hair restoration. Dr. Danyo performs every procedure himself, from start to finish. He individually extracts and places every graft on every patient. Learn more about Dr. Danyo on his Meet Dr. Danyo page.